Ribbon Canyon Special Edition Crochet Pattern
“Ribbon Canyon” is inspired by 1970s interior design and the undulating curve of a river, carving solid stone into sweeping canyons over the millennia. It looks complicated, but it’s simply a matter of taking time to understand how the pattern works and being meticulous during your setup. The whole design is built from a simple foundation. Once that’s completed, this project is a relaxing double crochet daydream.
Level: Intermediate or Ambitious Beginner (who can get some help for the foundation rounds). To complete this project you must maintain even tension, keep starting chains untwisted, and enjoy doing double crochet forevah!
I think you will find the varying techniques in this pattern to be more stimulating than thinking in rectangles, but not necessarily more complicated. It is an enjoyable make that you'll be able to Netflix to after the first few rows.
This Special Edition Pattern has all the directions you need to create a blanket like the one on the cover. Includes written English directions with ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support.
- Completed project is 60x81" with adaptations for Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Custom sizes (I did the math for you!)
- Americans terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Requires roughly 3,400 yards of worsted weight yarn (220 yards per row)
- I or 5.5mm Hook
- Includes Beginner Pattern Reading Guide and Swatching Tutorial
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account
- 23 Pages
Special Edition Exclusive Content:
- Updated Process Photo Gallery
- Updated Color Planning Worksheet
- Custom Sizing Guide: Twin, Full, Queen, King, Custom
- 16 Row Pattern Upgrade
- 18 Row Pattern Upgrade
- 3, 6, and 8 Stripe Coloring and Planning Pages to make Flag Designs
- 10% of proceeds donated to the Loveland Foundation.
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects.
*Error note: on the Swatching guide, please ignore/cross out the "4x" outside the brackets on rows 2 and 3. They should not be there and will be removed in the next Edition.
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 2nd published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been professionally edited twice, and tested by myself and several crochet friends. Official testing has begun and will be followed closely by a new pattern release, Ribbon Candy Shawl.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I must survive while I grow. I promise to continue improving this document (and my process) as I work with, and learn from those more experienced than me. Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,