Ribbon Canyon Blanket Special Edition Crochet Pattern
“Ribbon Canyon” is inspired by 1970s interior design and the undulating curve of a river, carving solid stone into sweeping canyons over the millennia. It looks complicated, but it’s simply a matter of taking time to understand how the pattern works and being meticulous during your setup. The whole design is built from a simple foundation. Once that’s completed, this project is a relaxing double crochet daydream.
Level: Intermediate or Ambitious Beginner. To complete this project you must be able to maintain even tension, stitch confidently into starting chains, and enjoy doing double crochet forevah!
I think you will find the varying techniques in this pattern to be more stimulating than thinking in rectangles, but not necessarily more complicated. It is an enjoyable make that you'll be able to Netflix to after the first few rows.
This Special Edition Pattern has all the directions you need to create a blanket like the one on the cover. Includes written English directions with ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support. It has become a book as I've edited and updated and expanded the included resources.
- Completed project is 60x81" with adaptations for Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Custom sizes (I did the math for you!)
- Americans terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Requires roughly 3,400 yards of worsted weight yarn (218 yards per row)
- I or 5.5mm Hook
- Includes Beginner Pattern Reading Guide and Swatching Tutorial
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account
- 29 Pages
- Swatching Guide with Chart to learn Ribbon Candy Crochet Style
- Updated Process Photo Gallery
- Updated Yarn Guide with 2 Colorways
- Color Planning Worksheet
- Custom Sizing Guide: Twin, Full, Queen, King, Custom
- Bonus Scarf Pattern
- 16 Row Pattern Upgrade
- 18 Row Pattern Upgrade
- Staggering Increase/Decrease Guide
- 3, 6, and 8 Stripe Coloring and Planning Pages to make Flag Designs
- 10% of proceeds donated to the Loveland Foundation.
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects.
Pattern Updated on October 15, 2021.
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 3rd published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been professionally edited many times and tested by myself and several others in my crochet community. Large-scale testing is underway and will be followed closely by several new pattern releases, including Ribbon Candy Shawl.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I promise to continue improving this document as I learn and grow. Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,