'Meandros' Pocket Scarf Downloadable Crochet Pattern
Bold, Cozy, Convenient...
Meandros Pocket Scarf is a striking new Scarf Pattern for 2023. Guaranteed to chase the doldrums of winter away.
First, it will stimulate your mind with a fun, fresh construction process. Then, it will improve your life: providing total warmth, and the perfect pockets--serving as mittens in a pinch, or a catch-all for your phone and keys when you run out the door in the morning.
The scarf is built around an ancient Greek Meandros or "Key" pattern. This mysterious motif has popped up all over the world throughout history and continues to remain a popular design in high fashion and architecture. You can read a concise and engaging history of the Meandros HERE.
This downloadable crochet pattern includes all the information you need to make your own Meandros Pocket Scarf. With written English instructions, ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support.
- 1 original Scarf Pattern with charts, photos and illustrations for creating Meandros scarf in 3 sizes: Standard, Petite, and Children's
- 2 Unique Border Patterns
- American Crochet Terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Written for 685 yards of Worsted weight yarn, 5.5 mm (I) hook
- Includes PLT Method tutorial, Fringe Guide and Color Planner
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account (must use the email connected to your Ravelry)
- 13 Pages
- Finished Standard Scarf Measurements: 72x12" (183x30 cm), when made in Worsted Weight wool.
- Recommended Wool: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Worsted
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects.
- The pattern is presented in full-color, perfect for high-quality printing.
- You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
- Project Tags: Mention @SnapdragonBrand and Use the tags #meandrosscarf and #ribboncandycrochet to have your project featured.
Level: Intermediate. To complete this project you must be able to read a chart or a pattern, maintain even tension, count accurately, and stitch confidently into starting chains. Meandros Pocket Scarf is a fun and repetitive pattern but may be difficult for beginners due to the "turned" Column construction.
I recommend that all crocheters new to my Ribbon Candy Crochet techniques download and complete my Swatching Guide. It will teach you the basics and prepare you to begin any of my designs with confidence.
If you are a beginner and would prefer a gentler introduction to my techniques, I suggest my Ribbon Candy shawl or scarf book. These patterns contain more straight lines of crochet, simple increase curves, and are an excellent stepping stone to more complex Ribbon Candy Crochet patterns.
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 1st published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been tested by myself and my amazing testing crew. Pattern last updated on January 13, 2023.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I promise to continue improving this document as I learn and grow. Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts and become part of the Snapdragon Brand community by joining "Snapdragon Brand Pattern Help & Hangout" on Facebook.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,