'Wavecrest' Dragon Tail Shawl Downloadable Crochet Pattern
Wavecrest Dragon Traits: sophisticated, patient, detail-oriented, shy, Intelligent
Wavecrest shawl is the perfect size for everyday wear. It is light and comfortable to carry in your tote, but large enough to protect your hair and shoulders from blustery breezes.
Use my Ribbon Candy Crochet techniques to craft this spiny, asymmetrical triangle shawl. The borders on Wavecrest were inspired by a stormy sea, caught in a flurry of perfect frozen waves.
Stare into the mesmerizing colorwork, but do not be intimidated--it's a lot simpler than it appears. Wavecrest is a pattern that will stimulate your mind and relax your day. Take some time to set up a flawless Foundation and Row 1, then sit back and stitch to that pleasant Ribbon Candy rhythm.
This downloadable crochet pattern includes all the information you need to make your own "Wavecrest" Dragon Tail shawl. With written English directions, ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support.
- 1 original Shawl Pattern with charts, photos and illustrations
- 1 Border Pattern with charts and photos
- Americans terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Written for 582 yards of DK weight yarn, 5.5 mm (I) hook
- Includes PLT Method tutorial
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account
- 11 Pages
- Click HERE to view the Complete Collection: get ALL 4 Dragon Tail Shawl patterns at a discount
- Finished Shawl Measurements: 68x24" at the widest points (165x64 cm), when made in DK Weight wool.
- Recommended Wool: Cape May Fiber Co Merino DK and Chelsea Yarns Cozy DK
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects.
- The pattern is presented in full-color, perfect for high-quality printing. The booklet features adorable original illustrations by artist Joni Von Bockel.
- You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
- Project Tags: Mention @SnapdragonBrand and Use the tags #wavecrestshawl and #dragontailshawls to have your project featured
Level: Intermediate. To complete this project you must be able to read a chart or a pattern, maintain even tension, count accurately, and stitch confidently into starting chains. The Dragon Tail Shawls Collection introduces some new tricks to my Ribbon Candy Crochet repertoire. If you are familiar with my patterns, it will be very accessible to you.
I recommend that all crocheters new to my Ribbon Candy Crochet techniques download and complete my Swatching Guide. It will teach you the basics and prepare you to begin any of my designs with confidence.
If you are a beginner and would prefer a gentler introduction to my techniques, I suggest my Ribbon Candy shawl or scarf book. These patterns are more repetitive and are an excellent stepping stone to more complex Ribbon Candy Crochet patterns.
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 1st published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been tested by myself and my amazing testing crew. Pattern last updated on January 6, 2023.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I promise to continue improving this document as I learn and grow. Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts and become part of the Snapdragon Brand community by joining "Snapdragon Brand Pattern Help & Hangout" on Facebook.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,