'Daisy Derby' Hat Downloadable Crochet Pattern
Can you believe this sculpted piece of millinery is created with only 6 rows of crochet? That's the magic of my Ribbon Candy Crochet technique. Use it to turn your scraps into a finely fitted chapeau. Daisy Derby is a quick and fun pattern that you will make over and over and over again.
Level: Intermediate. To complete this project you must be able to to read a chart or a pattern, maintain even tension, and stitch confidently into starting chains.
Additionally, the pattern requires some attention during the cap portion (Rows 1&2). Match my gauge or adapt as you go to get the perfect fit. I packed the sizing instructions with all the wisdom we gained during the test and included ways to modify the pattern if you're coming up too small in Row 2.
My testers, picked from a broad range of crochet experience, had no trouble adapting the pattern to their various noggins. But we had each other for confidence, so if you're a beginner who wants to learn Ribbon Candy Crochet, try my Scarf Book first.
This Digital Crochet Pattern has all the instructions you need to create Daisy Derbies to match every outfit in your closet. Includes written English Instructions with ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support.
I'm releasing this pattern as part of my #FiberPhoenix project to raise money for a Forever Home for Snapdragon Brand. Read my latest blog post to see what Adam and I are working on...
- Includes 3 written patterns for Daisy Derby in 3 sizes
- Standard: 22-24" (56-61 cm) with chart, Small: 18-21" (46-53 cm), XL: 24-26" (61-66 cm)
- Includes starter charts for the Brim and a Visual Pattern for the Foundation
- Written for Worsted Acrylic (4) held double, approx. 325 yards
- Hooks: 5mm (H), 5.5mm (I), and you might need 6mm (J) to adjust your gauge
- Americans terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Includes Ribbon Candy Crochet Swatching and PLT Method tutorials
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account
- 13 Pages
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects there.
- Sizing Note: If you are on the higher end of any size range, use US 6.00mm (J) for foundation and Rows 1&2 to adjust gauge and get the perfect fit.
- Knitpicks Brava Worsted Acrylic yarn suggested--Cotton will have a more relaxed effect
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 1st published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been fully tested by myself and my amazing testing crew. Pattern Updated on July 21, 2022.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I promise to continue improving this document as I learn and grow. Patterns Purchased through my website receive email updates when a fresh edition is released.
Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts or by joining "Snapdragon Brand Pattern Help & Hangout" on Facebook.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,