'Floppy Flower Sun Hat' Downloadable Crochet Pattern
Here's a new pattern for your summer crochet list! Floppy Flower Sun Hat is the happiest hat pattern that ever was...
It features a shallow cap, designed to gently balance on the crown of your head, and a generous 15.5" (39 cm) foldable, poseable brim.
Use up the scraps in your stash to make the chic-est chapeau in the land! You'll need one for every outfit...
Level: Intermediate. To complete this project you must be able to to read a chart or a pattern, maintain even tension, and stitch confidently into starting chains.
Additionally, the pattern requires some attention during the cap portion (Rows 1&2). Match my gauge or adapt as you go to get the perfect fit. I packed the sizing instructions with all the wisdom we gained during the test and included ways to modify the pattern if you're coming up too small in Row 2.
My testers, picked from a broad range of crochet experience, had no trouble adapting the pattern to their various noggins. But we had each other for confidence, so if you're a beginner who wants to learn Ribbon Candy Crochet, try my Scarf Book first.
This Digital Crochet Pattern has all the instructions you need to create magnificent Floppy Flower Sun Hats of your own. Includes written English Instructions with ample Charts, Diagrams and Photos for support.
I'm releasing this pattern as part of my #FiberPhoenix project to raise money for a Forever Home for Snapdragon Brand. Read my latest blog post to see what Adam and I are working on...
- Includes charts and written pattern for Floppy Flower Sun Hat
- Written with Standard: 22-24" (56-61 cm) measurements in mind with Sizing Guide for easy adaptation to any head
- Includes Visual Foundation Pattern to start your hat with confidence
- Written for Worsted Acrylic (4) held double, approx. 275 yards
- Hooks: 5mm (H), 5.5mm (I), and you might need 6mm (J) to adjust your fit
- Americans terms, Imperial and Metric Measurements
- Includes Ribbon Candy Crochet Swatching and PLT Method tutorials
- Digital Download: you will not receive a physical product*
- Click the button at check-out to seamlessly add to your Ravelry account
- 9 Pages
- This pattern is listed on Ravelry too, so you can add it to your favorites and share your projects there.
- Sizing Note: If you've got a larger noggin, you will need to use US 6.00mm (J) for foundation and Rows 1&2 to adjust gauge and get the perfect fit.
- Acrylic yarn suggested, Cotton will have a more relaxed effect and brim will be less poseable.
*I cannot offer returns on Digital Content. Please be mindful that this is a digital pattern. You will not receive anything in the mail. You are buying my ideas.
You will have the opportunity to download your pattern through the site after checkout, or from your email. See FAQ for PDF download instructions.
"Living" Document Promise: This pattern is in its 1st published edition. It contains all necessary information to make my original design. It has been fully tested by myself and my amazing testing crew. Pattern Updated on July 21, 2022.
Please consider your purchase to be an investment in my development as an artist. I promise to continue improving this document as I learn and grow. Patterns Purchased through my website receive email updates when a fresh edition is released.
Feel free to message me for pattern help through any of my social media accounts or by joining "Snapdragon Brand Pattern Help & Hangout" on Facebook.
Thank you for believing in me.
-Ashley Lee Zhong,